|We are fortunate to have the ongoing support of parents, friends, family members and caring individuals from the community who each year come together to make our programs and services a reality. These special individuals play a key role in the lives of children with cancer and their families. In 2007 over 800 volunteers donated more than 6,000 hours to the Society ~ what an amazing group of people.
Here are some ways that you can help our children and their families:
• Parent newsletter advisors ~ reviewing and providing suggestions on content
• General office support
• Volunteers for special events such as Barbeques, Casinos, Relay/Walk
• Accepting donations on behalf of the Society (oncology child and family)
• Home Hosts/Hostesses (this would involve greeting visitors, conducting tours, helping families)
• Child care providers
• Home maintenance (indoors and outdoors)
Please note if you are seeking to volunteer at the hospital we are unable to assist you. You will need to call 780-407-8822 and ask to be transferred to the University Hospital friends department.
|The Kids with Cancer Society Childhood Cancer Survivors Program is made possible due to the generosity of the following: McDonalds Restaurants of Canada, Minerva Foundation, Pfizer Canada, Stantec, and the Telus Edmonton Community Board