Kids with Cancer Society House
Located at 11135 – 84 Avenue, just steps away from medical facilities that dominate the lives of children with cancer and their families, the Kids with Cancer Society House offers a home-like environment for families to relax in, connect with other families, and access the many support programs offered by the Society.
The House was made possible by the Dave Lede Family Charitable Foundation and the Alberta Lottery Foundation Major Community Facilities Program. It is the first of its kind in Canada, is a non-residential support facility for families with children currently in treatment for childhood cancer, childhood cancer survivors and their families, and families who have lost a child to cancer.
Programs and services available at the house include:
- Art Room
- BBQ area and beautiful outdoor area
- Child care: Parents can drop off children and/or their siblings during hospital appointments
- Kids with Cancer Society Offices
- Kitchen stocked with light lunch options, snacks and beverages
- Laundry facilities
- Private family rooms
- Resource Library: movies, books and video games
- Shower facilities
- Support Programs